Tuesday, April 16, 2013


FALLING IN LOVE WITH FALLEN LOVE

I searched for love but got lost in my thoughts,
I sought invisible hearts that have wandered off far.
I have fallen in love with fallen love.

When I gasp for air I ask the trees above my hair,
Don’t you care, my lungs to spare?
When my throat needs rain I see the clouds,
But see not that heavenly drop.
I wish I could see a glass half full,
But my cup is empty whilst others have plenty!

My embarking heart, in quest of its counterpart,
Has furrowed a hole right through my soul.
And when it returns, to its lifeless sojourn
My hunger hurts with thirst much worse than before.
Cyclical, cynical, critical pain,
When all I wanted was just a little rain!

I searched for love but found that I was lost,
In a hostile thought that love was to find,
When it was given, humble and kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment