Thursday, April 11, 2013


WHEN KEYS COLLIDE

Inside this skeleton beneath what’s relevant,
To what you come to mold and try to hold,
I lock my heart and with my chest I guard,
A cage, my rage, fended by smoke and gates.

Outside walkers, passers-by, passing by
Do not climb my fence and from this hence
Are unaware of what ware I wear
Behind walls where my tree branches fall, 
Blocking, breaking halls that hide my pride,
The love that I denied.

Sometimes I wonder if I wander
Deeper waters will I sink, or will I drink,
See blue depressants or incandescent 
Winds that take me high above my lies
To housing nests where I can rest
Without my best or any jest just
Self--pale, stale, tooth-and-nail Self.

But then I think from off the brink
And fall back to halls where
I am led--a light ahead--to doors
That bore in my mind holes that I unlock
And then I see in front of me a choice to go,
Refuse, say no, clear the smoke or hold the choke,
When I feel in my hands a key that brands
Love without demands to go furthermore, 
Find other halls of what’s in store.

From the ground I stand, passing by
Doors and corridors until I hear the sound
That’s crowned behind a wallowed cry.
When I unlock the lock I cannot talk,
For my ribs are broken open for a token--
No, a bronze key that stabs at my heart.
Alarmed, unharmed, I see the skeleton, 
Become once dead, now alive again.

From the ground I kneel, letting,
The key heal, without regretting, me.
Adorned and formed, I am now reborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment