Sunday, January 13, 2013

GEMINID'S EVENING

When I looked up at the perfect lights,
I saw an immaculate canvas, stretched out
From land’s hands to the sea’s shoulders;
An orchestra of colors and sounds, directed by
Life’s inherent director;
A musician’s composition, with black
Notes carefully dotting a white, blank page.

When I looked up at the perfect lights,
I saw something much bigger than I,
Greater than war, disease or widespread poor;
Stronger than a rolling, unforgiving,
Unrelenting white water tide;
And more in control than the man that
Blinks across the sky--left to right.

When I looked up at the perfect lights
I’d even venture to say I felt at peace,
And not the peace that wars war,
But that which calms an anxious heart,
Mollifies a rancorous crowd,
And silences perhaps the doubters doubt,

Because I saw God--and that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment