Friday, January 18, 2013


GOING ABOVE AND AHEAD

I awoke to the sound of 
Children screaming, dogs barking,
The sun’s light and the wind’s blowing
And I knew I had to travel,
For the day awake does not await
A poor man’s sleeping, sorry fate.
So I walked and I wandered far,
Cast the sails and quit my job,
Grabbed a tool and followed the stars.
I wasn’t sure if I would ever return or 
Find a cabin in the woods.
But maybe just maybe I wouldn’t 
Come back empty, but I’d come 
Back with foresight that’s real
And judgement that’s sober.
I haven’t mapped out the future nor
Considered the past, but
I have listened to my hearts cry,
To go and go do!
To love and let love!
To search and go find!
Therefore I will follow and I will wait
For journey’s waiting, resting face.

No comments:

Post a Comment