Sunday, January 13, 2013


THE HUNTRESS OF HEARTS

On that day I remember,
Though fall almost winter,
The trees were beautiful,
And the leaves just right.

I took you to the peak of the path,
Where the part in the woods,
Shined a city of rooftops
And clusters of people.

On the stump you stood
Looking right in my eyes,
Smiling and laughing,
Staring right into mine. 

You took from me,
What lies deep within,
Like a thief in the night,
You hollowed my mind.

Taking all you could find,
You left, alone on this night.
Once, my lover and friend,
Now, a huntress of hearts.

With your bow, arrows, and darts,
You ambush innocent men,
And sling fire to the
“To death do us part.”

More things there are,
And God must believe,
On heaven and earth,
There’s a you and a me.

But not you and not me,
For you’ve found a prey,
A victim, your game:
My loss, for you, a gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment