Sunday, January 13, 2013


SYMPHONY NO. FIVE, THIRD MOVEMENT

Misses Mockingbird, your song
Sways the trees and carries the wind,
Teases the grass and flounders the flowers.
Your chirp and tweet twitter in 
Harmony with the gleeful children
On the swinging teeter-totter.
The morning and evening air,
Whether by spring or by winter,
Echo your sound melodies that 
Wake a man from his restless sleep.
Your perfect pitch flutters your wings,
Proclaiming to me, a young fawn,
Of your beautiful, upright seat.
I hear your voice, I heed your call,
But why now and why here,
Must your jingle chatter resound
In orchestrated upheaval to my ears?
How often would our friends profit,
In awe from your lofty whisper.
They are guests to your concert,
Backup vocals to your song.
And I, the lonesome deer,
Am only a half note rest in your
Movement so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment