Sunday, February 3, 2013


I’LL MISS

I miss all the things I shouldn’t miss

I miss the pain of trial
I miss the ache of heart, and
I miss all the while
Our sacred time apart

I miss Shakespeare in the sun
I miss Lewis on the shore
I miss the strumming air to fun, and
The endless having more

I miss always what I can’t 
I miss never what I’ve got
I miss waking up to chant
A single worry I have not

But then it wasn’t any better
Maybe even that much worse
Though I really should have let her
Steer my ship a steady course

My folly never could be counted
My fears never gathered sum
To justify this going horse I mounted
Or this battle I thought I would have won

For looking back exists to stun
A long black barrel pointed gun
Weighing down weak arms a ton
Shooting out the words, “I’m done.”

No comments:

Post a Comment