Tuesday, February 19, 2013


LAMENTATION

My God, how I’ve seen the pit,
How I live, this is it!
In the lion’s den I reside,
In the light of day I hide,
Because the love I find,
Is neither patient nor kind.

And if it is neither is winning,
Must I go back to Beginning? 
There I find it so much as true,
Of the shadow man dare ensue,
Just as I--the broken-hearted,
Lay empty as I started.

Where lies your hand in distress,
In my quizzical, broken mess?
Lord do you not see my raining eyes,
My asphyxiating self-despise,
They way I long for human touch,
But get only a dead branch crutch.

How can one in somber reconciliation,
Gather hope and fear in affiliation?
When Noah saw his dismal days,
You blessed with promising rays,
When Job his ruined estate,
You more lot to him create.

Yet for me as Abel, life is Cain,
Hacking and shooting my head pain!
It is the great pond that tears apart,
My vacant, now sorrowed heart,
Because the love I find,
Is neither patient nor kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment