Saturday, February 23, 2013


SILVER LINING

The monster in my mouth, screams empty phrases out,
That my banal brain has heard, flocked amass by herds, 
Of the pop folklore, that we’ve read by chore!

“Life is of the great four always giving tours,
So even when yours, of cold ahead’s in store,
Know that all is well, not all’s as hot as hell!
Son, can’t you see, that valley’s suns still make green,
Just hold firm to the staff, or if none other you have,
To settle up the mountain, on top, son, lies a fountain.
You can climb it, the light ahead--you’ll find it!
Man, it’s all a journey, don’t go in hurry,
In exodus you’ll wander, of water you’ll ponder,
Because the desert’s dry, and His humor’s wry,
But, the sea’s ahead, so stop your steady dread!
We’ve all walked that street, sir, we’ve seen ends not meet,
And when we’re there, with each coin to spare,
We found our way out, out--mending walls with grout,
So that after all is through, you’ll chuckle saying ‘Who
Would have ever thought, wrought iron cannot rot!’
The train is coming fast, oh fast, but right white light,
Of summit height, children’ kite, ending fight,
No more spite, plight, fright, or fleeing flight--sir, it’s all to come.”

In books I’ve read, with heavy ink and lead,
That ‘Man’s not made for defeat”--well I not for deceit!
You see, my silver lining--‘Made in USA’ it’s crying--
Is for dark denying and public hiding. 
Alone it makes me wonder, “Will I come back from down under?
From wherever that I’ve been, ‘What, will these hands never be clean?’”

No comments:

Post a Comment